smoker* and preheat to 225°F according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add the wood of your choice.
2. Slice top off garlic head, leaving skin on. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Wrap foil around bottom and sides, leaving top exposed.
4. Place into smoker for 60–90 minutes or until garlic has softened. Cool slightly.
5. Squeeze garlic cloves out of skins into a bowl with remaining ingredients and blend.
6. Place on wax paper or plastic wrap and roll tightly to form a log.
7. Twist ends to seal then chill one hour or until firm.
8. Unroll and slice into coin-size tablespoon portions.
Tip: *In place of a smoker, sauté minced garlic in a small skillet with olive oil until light brown. Store butter in plastic wrap then refrigerate or freeze and slice as needed. It’s great served over our steaks, warm pasta and sliced bread.