1. Sauté garlic with olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add asparagus and cook 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
3. Remove asparagus, cover with foil and set aside.
4. Add cream, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and 2 Tbsp butter to pan.
5. Bring mixture to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 3-4 minutes.
6. Whisk in remaining 6 Tbsp butter, a few pats at a time, until incorporated into a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Plate asparagus, drizzle with sauce, top with pistachios, parsley and cheese then serve.