1. Rinse plank with water to remove any dust. Fill a sink or large container with water.
2. Submerge plank in water, placing a weight on top to hold down. Soak 1 to 4 hours.
3. Preheat grill to high temperature. Place plank on grill for 5 minutes than turn over
4. Continue to preheat 5 minutes, or until wood begins to crackle and smoke.
5. Lightly coat salmon with oil and seasonings.
6. Turnover plank over and top with salmon, lemon and thyme.
7. Cover grill and cook 15 to 18 minutes (do not turn over) or until cooked through.
Tip: Additional flavor: Add 1 Tbsp of salt to water or 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, citrus juice, or flavored liqueur.
Wood options: Alder: mild, mellow flavor, Cherry: rich, bright flavor, Hickory: Pleasant, smoky flavor, Maple: Mild and sweet flavor
Note; the board should catch fire slightly or smolder, if larger flames ignited spray lightly with water.