1. Prepare cake mix using package directions for tube pan. Cool.
2. Horizontally cut off top 1/4th of cake. Hollow out bottom portion leaving about 1-inch on sides and bottom. Freeze at least one hour.
3. Fill cake with peppermint ice cream, add top and place in freezer.
4. Heat cream and chips over medium-high heat, stirring continuously till chips are melted.
5. Cool chocolate sauce slightly and pour over cake.
6. Cover and refreeze until ready to serve. Garnish with crushed candies just before serving.