1. Place thawed dough in a bowl in a warm place. Cover with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
2. While dough is rising, in medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion, garlic and bacon until bacon is lightly browned; stir frequently. Reduce heat to medium; add sauerkraut, caraway seed, brown sugar and sausage. Cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally and set aside.
3. When dough has doubled in size, roll on a lightly floured surface to a 13" x 10" rectangle; place on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Spread filling in 3 1/2" strip lengthwise down center of dough, to within 1/2" of each end; sprinkle with cheese.
4. Make cuts approximately 1" apart on each side of rectangle to within 1/2" of filling. Fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
5. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes.
6. Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.