1. Heat broth and milk in saucepan over low heat to a simmer.
2. Sauté onions in butter until tender in large skillet. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Stir in rice and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup hot broth mixture. Cook and stir until liquid is absorbed.
4. Add remaining mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions.
5. Cook about 20-22 minutes until risotto is creamy and rice is slightly tender,
6. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat until cooked through.