Schwan's Home Service, Inc.
C/O Home Service Internet Group
115 West College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258
Last updated: February 4, 2010
Shopping at Schwans.com is safe. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. understands that our customers require a safe, secure, and quality online shopping experience. Schwans.com protects customer information by adhering to security best practices and industry standards.
- Encryption Technology: Schwans.com utilizes Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Online Username and Password: Schwans.com protects access to your online accounts by requiring you to provide your username and password to access your customer account.
- Security Scans and Testing: Regular security scans and testing are completed on Schwans.com to ensure customer safety.
- Timeouts: Your Schwans.com session will automatically time-out after 40 minutes if there is no activity on the site. If you receive a time-out message, you will need to re-log in to access your account.
Protecting Yourself Online
- Always Log Out: If using a public computer or terminal, always log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
- Protect Your Passwords: Do not share your passwords. Keep them private. Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts.
- Create Strong Passwords: When creating a password, use a combination of letters and numbers with a minimum length of 8 characters. Do not use dictionary words. Do not use information that can be easily found out about yourself such as your first or last name. Avoid easily guessed passwords such as "123456", "pass123", "password", or "secret".
- Frequently Update Passwords: Change your password periodically and remember, no one from Schwan’s Home Service will ever ask you for your password.
- Review Your Online Accounts: Log in regularly to view your account details to see if there are any transactions you do not recognize.
- Monitor Your Credit Report: Regularly review your credit reports to safeguard yourself from identity theft before any damage is done.
Warning About Suspicious Email
Unsolicited email asking for your personal information is a type of "phishing" scam. If you receive an email that looks like it is from Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. asking for your personal information, do not respond. We will never ask you for your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through emails.
What to do if you receive a suspicious email?
If you receive an email that you think is a forgery of Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. emails or you are concerned about your Schwans.com account, please report it right away through one of the options below. If you believe your Schwans.com account may be compromised, please change your password immediately.
This information may change at any time. Please check back periodically for any updates to this policy.